Wednesday, June 1, 2011

New Competition

As I previously stated I am starting a new weight loss competition today to help in the motivation to lose weight for the wedding.  I am excited.  I started to watch what I eat last week and I am already down two pounds!!!  When I took the pictures last night I couldn't believe how lumpy I looked.  Pictures really don't lie.  Time to start toning up.

I am also exciting to start training for my half marathon in December.  The thought of running 13.1 miles no longer scares the shit out of me cause I know I have done it once already and didn't die.  I want to crush my time of just under 3 hours which I think is obtainable since I won't be fighting the hills of San Francisco 80% of the time. 

I am kind of bummed.  A friend of mine started Ideal Protein this week. My sister is also on IP.  After much household discussion, we decided that $85 a week for their packaged food was too much for our budget (with the upcoming wedding and a masters degree to pay for) so it was decided I just had to do on my own (well at least without the help of a weight loss clinic).  What I like about this plan is essentially you eat their food.  It is Atkins with prepackaged food.  What I don't like about the plan is that it is packaged food.  Icky, all those chemicals in your body can't be good for it.

I am going to do it on my own.  I am going to eat right and exercise.  A novel concept that works.

Good luck to my fellow competitor and to all of those trying to lose a few pounds before bathing suit season.

1 comments:

Karilynn said...

Another sucky thing about the prepackaged stuff (besides the fact it is FULL of preservatives) is that it doesn't teach you how to live healthy. If you can figure that out.. you can lose the weight, keep it off, and live a better life! :) Hooray for weddings! And pictures.. and a new journey! :)