Wednesday, January 5, 2011

2011 Goals

A lot of blogger have been putting down their goals for the new year.  I have read a few lists that have inspired me. I was truly inspired by Mindy's post and did a lot of nodding when I was reading it. 

Here are my goals for 2011


I will reconnect with God.  This has been on my mind a lot lately.  Honestly, I don't really know where to start.  I would really like to join a church but don't know how to do that.  If anyone can help me or give me reassurances on this front I would appreciate it.

I will be a more patient mom.  My child is my world but I need to learn to enjoy her more and learn that everything doesn't always have to be perfect.

I will work on my relationship with my boyfriend and hopefully make him my husband this year.  One of the stipulation of getting back together was that we will go into counselling to help us become a better couple and to get married.

I will extend my friends network.  I have become an introvert somehow.  I need to expand my social network beyond befriending new people on facebook.

I will run three 10k races and at least one half marathon.  I have a heavy course load and a big commitment in the fall so I am keeping this goal smaller than I would like.

I will lose 50 pounds.  I have a menu plan set out and am working on a workout schedule.  I will keep my commitment to stay on track.  I will post my menu plan in a couple of days.

I will work hard towards obtaining my masters in human resources.  No more slacking cause it is easy.  I don't mean to brag but I am pretty good at scholastic (read, I am a geek) and sometimes rest on my laurels.  If I actually apply myself I learn more and want to do better.

I will make a budget that pays down debt and increases savings.  I acknowledge that I probably will not get out of debt this year due to going back to school but I would love to be more secure and not live off credit for the last week of the month.

I would love to hear your feedback and/or suggestions. 

1 comments:

E. Tyler Rowan said...

Remind me where you live, and I'll see if I don't know someone who knows someone who you can go check out a church or women's Bible study with. :)

Basically, to grow close to God we need to connect with other God-followers. You know where to find them. ;)

It may help to think about what you would like and would not like in a church. Large or small? Medium? Contemporary worship music, old-style hymns? Are you fond of ritual and tradition, or do you prefer a faith walk that is developed in your own way? Those answers can help you decide which denomination to try out first.

Also, I don't recommend "shopping around" each week. I suggest you give a church a good month or so before ruling it out. (Sometimes you get a guest speaker, or it's not a typical service.)

I'll tell you what...maybe we can hold each other accountable. I need to set some healthy eating/ weight loss goals - you rock in that department and can totally teach me some stuff. You need to grow closer to God - not sure if I rock, but I have lots of thoughts, lol.