Friday, December 11, 2009

You dig your grave with your fork

I feel the need to apologize. My eating habits this week boarder on ridiculous and my exercise has been non-existent. I know the choices I have been making are horrible but I can’t help myself. I have a tonne of reasons for my horrific behaviour but won’t give you one because none are justified.

Is having a bad morning a work justification for eating a cheeseburger AND onion rings for lunch? Never. (Unless of course that bad day includes running a marathon where you could use the calories after.) Home cooking has been nil this week as my house has been in shambles because of renovations but I have freezer meals and alternatives to eating crap. One night of crap – acceptable. Seven days and nights of crap – totally uncalled for.

I start off every day with good intentions and go to bed at night in shame. I don’t know how to stop myself except by actually stopping. I will stop and I won’t dwell on what I have done. You can’t change the past but thinking about what I did makes me depressed enough to eat some more.

Eff, time to start again. At least it’s not from scratch. (Yes, I realize this is very similar to last week, I know its horrible.)

6 comments:

OldGoogleAccount said...

Hey there: thanks for dropping by and offering your support! I really appreciate it, so much!

I know how it feels to come out of a week of crap eating. And getting back on track seems impossible. But I love day ones. Day ones just mean I haven't completely given up and the likelihood of me reaching 200lbs again is just not there. I've been manually tracking points again for almost three full weeks and I'm still not doing it perfectly but I'm doing what I can. Every day all we can do is the best we can. Some days are better than others. You'll get there.

And I would so do renos if I could afford it. Just not in the budget right now :( Glad you're enjoying yours though! :)

Jewel said...

Oh Moi...sometimes (many times) you are very hard on yourself!

Relax and allow yourself to have those periods where you indulge. No...it is not exactly what you wanted but you have so much on your plate and sometimes not being so stringent with yourself is probably your way of relieving some of your stress.

So you took a week and indulged...instead of beating yourself up about it, take pride in the fact that you did have something in your freezer to get you through this period of needing a break...and start planning some baby steps for this week or next.

You are still here, still posting and haven't given up...and that in itself also says quite a bit!!!

M and A said...

we have all be there! this won't be the last time you fall off track, the point is to catch youself before you fallen toooo far! That was the topic @ WW this week! We are all going to fall off at some point! We just need to get on track! You can do this!

Unknown said...

Thank you! Thank you for putting it into words that many can relate with. I know that if I could just copy and paste your post into my blog, I would because it's exactly how I've felt (and actions show it too)

Here's to good luck with the rest of this year and onto our next competition begining in just a few weeks!!!

=)

Ellura said...

Ditto to the rest of the comments. That is why we are here... to support each other. I have also had two very difficult weeks and am now feeling in control again. You are still in this contest and have not given up so you will be okay. You CAN do it! You have really been an inspiration. Good luck!

Jessica B said...

Hello, Moi~

I am in your next comp and am so glad that there is someone out there who can understand exactly how I feel regularly. I hope that together we can change our lives and move forward with choices we are proud of, a new year and a new start right!